Landing pages can really increase the number of leads you receive from your website. Today’s Online Success Minute discusses landing pages and how to use them successfully. I am Janice Gentles-Jones your Online Success Guide.
Landing pages are great for lead generation. According to HubSpot, a leading inbound marketing company, a landing page is a website page that allows you to capture visitors’ information through a lead form. On an effective landing page, there’s usually no distractions and an offer with stated benefits.
Here are a few landing page must-haves to increase conversions.
- An irresistible offer for your target audience is key. For example, you can create a free ebook, video, teleclass. The offer can be information on mistakes to avoid, best practices, or something your target audience is seeking.
- A short description describing the benefit of the offer, and who can benefit from the offer is your next step. Here’s where good copywriting skills can be a great benefit because the content really needs to speak to the audience’s interest.
- Describe the problem the person is having, why they should solve that problem, and why you’re the best person to help them solve that problem. That can help them to continue to read your offer.
- You’ll also need a good graphic or image that supports the information on the page. So for instance, if you’re doing an ebook, have a nice picture or a cover of your ebook.
- For videos, use a still image from your video that will capture your audience’s attention.
- Have a visible signup form on the page. Be mindful of how much information you collect on your form. This may discourage some people from signing up.
- Remove all distractions from this page, including menus and widgets. There should be no links to other pages, or anything that’s not related to the offer. Remember, we want the person to focus on your offer.
- Create call-to-action banners that link to your landing page and put it at the end of all your blog posts, on your homepage, and on your website sidebar, if you have one. And it’s best to use a graphical image for your call to action as they get people’s attention faster than just plain text.
Now be sure to test and measure your landing pages. Tracking and measuring are going to be important because that’s what’s going to let you know if your landing page is effective.
- First, you want to make sure you have Google Analytics installed on your website so you can track and measure your results.
- Next, set up a Thank You page for your offer. This is the page the person sees after they’ve successfully signed up for your free report.
- Finally, you should set up Goals within Google Analytics so you can see how your landing page is doing. The goal should be tied to the Thank You page. You can view your reports and see how many transactions or goals you’ve successfully completed.
That’s it for today’s Online Success Minute. I am Janice Gentles-Jones, your Online Success Guide. If you liked this tip, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and if you have any questions, please leave a comment on the website.